Primary service area is Jackson Boulevard to the north, Dan Ryan to
the west, 35th Street to the south and Lake Michigan to the east. While
these are NSPB’s “official” boundaries, our focus can extend further
south and west to include areas such as Hyde Park and Pilsen if
As one of the City of Chicago’s delegate agencies in the Neighborhood
Business Development Center Program (NBDC), NSPB works to attract and
retain businesses by serving as a facilitator and by providing
resources, referrals, permit assistance, marketing and other educational
- Develop the economic, social, physical and cultural resources of the area.
- Create and support a thriving business environment.
- Stimulate and coordinate plans of the City, organizations and individuals for the improvement of the area.
- Develop relationships with the community and the metropolitan area as a whole.
- Promote the Near South as a safe and
desirable area for commercial, retail, institutional, residential and
open space development.