The Logan Square Chamber of Commerce advances the commercial and civic interests of Logan Square by supporting the local businesses, advocating for community improvements and encouraging economic development in our neighborhood. We believe a neighborhood thrives and everyone benefits from balanced support of both residential and commercial interests with all parties working together. Logan Square is:
- Inclusive and diverse
- Entrepreneurial in spirit.
- Historic but always evolving
The Logan Square Chamber of Commerce produces the Logan Square Farmers Market, one of Chicago's largest markets and one of the few year-round, weekly market. The Market has three primary goals:
- To Build an Alternative Food System The Market provides an outlet for nutritious, conscientiously grown and produced local foods, and education about these foods, for all members of our community regardless of income level.
- To Foster Entrepreneurship The Market functions as an incubator for small-scale, local entrepreneurs, especially those in the food sector. Applications from small scale farmers, producers and other food businesses will be given preference. The Chamber rents space throughout the season to various, Logan Square based, non-food businesses to help them increase their profile.
- To Build Community The Market serves the community by raising the profile of the neighborhood, reinforcing a positive image of Logan Square, and creating a site for civic engagement and entertainment.