As the Far South CDC strives to strengthen the local business community and the community’s long-term socio-economic health, we are committed to:
• Catalyzing economic development for community stability
• Being a “go to” resource for the community
• Partnerships that engage business and community leaders
• Retaining & attracting quality businesses to serve our community
• Providing technical assistance to support and strengthen business and residential development
• Fostering communication to keep community/businesses informed about our local resources
• Promoting the good news in Greater Roseland
The Far South Community Development Corporation (Far South CDC) is a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit corporation established in 1977 to foster economic development and eradicate slum and blighted conditions in its service area.
Our Mission is to strengthen the community's long-term socio-economic health through collaborative development plans and programming to create a more sustainable impact.
For thirty-five years, the Far South CDC have worked primarily in the Beverly Morgan Park area, however as of January 1, 2007, the Far South CDC began focusing on the 9th, 15th, 21st, 34th Wards. The Far South CDC boundaries' starts 87th Street North to 129th Street or City Limits South and from State Street to Western Avenue.